The new Oakridge will be an organic mosaic of residential space, indoor and outdoor retail experiences, public art, cultural performance spaces, collaborative workspace, civic institutions, and culinary experiences, both grand and intimate. These will all be intertwined with a large multi-level park and served by a neighbourhood district energy system.
Upon completion, we anticipate Oakridge will attract millions of visitors each year, making it one of Canada’s single largest attractions.
The new Oakridge will feature:
- One million square feet of retail
- 100,000 square feet of global cuisine, including over 100 curated culinary experiences
- half a million square feet of office space
- 2,600 homes for 6,000 residents
- 290 units of below market housing and 290 units of market rental housing
- a nine-acre city park
- one of the city’s largest community centres and daycares
- the city’s second largest library
- a performing arts academy / live music venue