Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, QuadReal Property Group is a global real estate investment, operating and development company. QuadReal manages the real estate and mortgage programs of British Columbia Investment Management Corporation (BCI), one of Canada’s largest asset managers with a $153.4 billion portfolio.
QuadReal manages a $37.6 billion portfolio spanning 23 Global Cities across 17 countries. The company seeks to deliver strong investment returns while creating sustainable environments that bring value to the people and communities it serves. Now and for generations to come.
QuadReal: Excellence lives here.
Reporting to the Vice President, Retail, National Marketing, the Marketing Director is the chief custodian of the Oakridge brand responsible for oversight of the entire marketing portfolio including branding, advertising, promotions, tenant communications, programming, public relations, social media, community relations, interactive communications, redevelopment-related marketing activities, etc. Ultimately, he/she is responsible for the overall planning and execution of marketing activities designed to not only tell the Oakridge story and elevate the Oakridge brand but to also increase customer awareness, traffic and retail sales.
MAJOR plans (ground breaking plans, really) are in the works at Oakridge Centre which will rethink the way people shop, connect, work, travel, exercise, eat, love, listen, learn, create, experiment and basically . . . live life. Stunningly ambitious, you say? You haven’t seen anything yet!
Working with Canadian developer, Westbank, we are reimagining Oakridge, a top performing asset in a global city, with the goal of transforming it into a major cultural hub and new municipal town centre for the City of Vancouver. The new Oakridge will be a mixed-use, transit-oriented neighbourhood hub that will offer 900,000 sq.ft. of unique, experiential retail plus, office space, residential towers, a public park, a civic centre, a new library, a daycare, a seniors’ centre, a dance school, a world-class performing arts academy, a music venue, performance space and a community centre. Oh, and did we mention . . . the total public art program budget for Oakridge has been set to surpass $7M, elevating this cultural centre to elite artistic status.
From a retail perspective, if you thought Oakridge Centre was Vancouver’s “most stylish destination” before, just you wait! Things are about to get even more stylish plus . . . more delish. We’re talking a 50,000 sq.ft. “kitchen” within 100,000 sq.ft. of curated culinary experiences with celebrated Chef David Chang at the helm.
- Oversee all aspects of the day-to-day marketing of Oakridge Centre.
- Prepare an annual strategic marketing plan outlining short and long-term strategies for all aspects of the marketing portfolio.
- Prepare and manage the annual marketing budget including creating support schedules, coding and processing payables, analyzing variances, and reporting on the budget as requested.
- Manage a professional agency/s to develop distinctive campaigns, advertisements, marketing collateral, signage, etc.
- Oversee the evolution of the Oakridge branding into the “next gen” branding.
- Direct the development, planning and execution of a robust calendar of innovative programming initiatives including events, popups, activations, etc.
- Coordinate public relations efforts that maintain the Centre in a favourable light, create interest in the Centre, increase exposure of tenants, build relations with key media, and enhance the overall perception of the Centre. Serve as the “face” of Oakridge for the purposes of media interviews, media tours, media events, etc.
- Support the redevelopment team by filling the gap between sales, leasing and public interface, attend and participate at open houses as required, coordinate with the team to ensure overall brand consistency.
- Support Leasing, as needed, through research and marketing efforts including the creation of cutting-edge leasing packages.
- Oversee the Centre’s interactive activities to ensure sound strategy, on-brand messaging, consistent posting, strong engagement, etc.
- Serve as editor-in-chief ensuring that anything that is seen by internal/external audiences (direct mail, ads, web content, tenant newsletter, etc.) reflects the highest standard of excellence, creative and otherwise.
- Foster positive tenant, consumer, community, philanthropic and strategic marketing partner relationships.
- Manage the Marketing team (Manager, Coordinator and Assistant), providing employees with tools for success, outlining objectives, training/mentoring team members, appraising work, and addressing any performance-related concerns.
- Work hand-in-glove with other management staff and employees.
- Participate in regular marketing meetings, staff meetings, one-on-one retailer meetings, agency briefings, etc.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a marketing generalist capacity (i.e. experience overseeing the entire marketing portfolio as well as a team).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism or a related discipline.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate to various audiences in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload and handle competing priorities and deadlines.
- Fluency in Mandarin is preferred and additional fluency in Cantonese would be an asset.
QuadReal Property Group will provide reasonable accommodation at any time throughout the hiring process for applicants with disabilities or for those needing job postings in an alternate format. If you require accommodation, please advise the Talent Acquisition team member you are working with and include the following: Job posting #, your name and your preferred method of contact.
Want to learn about our end-to-end recruitment process? Click this link for a short video that will take you through each step, so you’ll know exactly what to expect.