Fall Entertainment Season
It’s no surprise that summertime and the holiday season are among the most popular times of the year for travel and entertainment. While these seasons are desirable times for vacations in many ways, there are also many benefits to the off-season, which many people refer to as “entertainment season.”
Entertainment season is that sweet spot between the peak and off-peak seasons that happens twice a year, in the spring and fall. In the fall, the benefit of entertainment season is that it’s often quieter, which makes your visits much more enjoyable.
Take advantage of Vancouver’s Entertainment & Arts scene as they start their new seasons.
- Vancouver Opera www.vancouveropera.ca
- VSO Vancouver Symphony Orchestra www.vancouversymphony.ca
- Ballet BC www.balletbc.com
- Vancouver Theatre Guide www.vancouver-theatre.com
- Vancouver International Film Festival www.viff.org
Fall is also about unique outdoor adventures and here are our top recommendations:
- Whale watching – The fall time is prime viewing to see southern resident orcas feed on migrating salmon in the Strait of Georgia and the Gulf Islands. Bring your camera, because you’re sure to see sea lions, otters, dolphins, and birds.
- Storm watching – November is peak storm watching in Tofino, BC. Expect five-metre waves, sideways rain, moody skies, and wind you can lean into. There are many resort packages, along with BC Ferries and Harbour Air promoting storm season. So grab your rain gear and head west to the coastal town on Vancouver Island.
- Grape stomping – This highly competitive tradition is a major attraction every October in the Okanagan of BC. Those who register are encouraged to stomp the juice out of 40 pounds of locally-grown grapes.
Carol’s look may be minimalist, and her favorite clothing lines known for simplicity, but she works her role as Marketing Coordinator to the maximum and with her super-power energy. Organized and button down, Carol rolls up those chic sleeves and gets it done. Throw in a journalism background to keep it real, and a great quick smile to deliver the spin. Which reminds us, she’s fast too. Must be all that running.